Science Career Paths: Diversity against Adversity
(Percursos em Ciência: Diversidade contra a Adversidade)
The PARSUK Executive Committee organised a meeting dedicated to science careers entitled: “Science Career Paths: Diversity against the Adversity”. This was the first meeting being co-organized by PARSUK, PAPS (Portuguese American Post-graduate Students) and FIIP (Fórum Internacional dos Investigadores Portugueses), with the support of Ciência Viva. The meeting took place on the 22nd of December 2012 in Lisbon (Pavilhão do Conhecimento, Parque das Nações).
The meeting was an opportunity to discuss various questions regarding the multiple challenges and opportunities in having a professional career in Science, including:
- the current challenges of the labour market;
- how to develop your scientific CV and career;
- how to build up a non-academic career;
- how to increase the cooperation between industry and academic science;
- how to incite scientific entrepreneurship and technology transfer.
“Science Career Paths: Diversity against the Adversity” meeting features prominent international speakers with inspiring professional backgrounds from both academic and industrial areas, as well as from alternative career paths. The program can be viewed below.