The Instituto de Medicina Molecular (iMM Lisboa) opens a call to recruit a research fellow for the Laboratory of Human Neurobiology and Cognition, coordinated by Dr. Diana Prata.
It is offered a Fellowship contract predicted to start in Juney 2017, for 4 months, possibly renewable, not exceeding the eligibility period of the project. The monthly maintenance allowance will be 980 €, with the possibility of payment of Voluntary Social Security to the Investigator. Find more information about this position at https://euraxess.ec.europa.eu/jobs/217917
Smart Separations Ltd are looking for an experienced technical scientist with a passion for problem solving and who is excited about joining a fast-growing well-funded startup with a lot of potential. This role will offer a lot of personal growth opportunities both with your technical skills and management responsibilities. Please check this and our other Vacancies on our webpage at http://smartseparations.com/careers/
Oceano Fresco (www.oceano.fresco.pt
) is a growing company based in Portugal, with mission to become a world leader in the development of innovative shellfish varieties with the most relevant traits for the production and consumption chain, respecting environmental sustainability and consumer safety.
We’re now looking to hire a breeder that can implement a shellfish-breeding program. In attachment
, the profile of the person we’re aiming to hire is delineated.
This job vacancy is part of a project that has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme
Please note that the person to be hired can not have lived or worked in Portugal in the last 5 years.
Publicising two post-doctoral positions:
Two post-doctoral fellowship positions are open at Instituto de Medicina Molecular, Lisbon, funded by the European Research Council, under the project “AXIAL.EC – id:679368”, coordinated by Claudio Franco.
Details of the vacancies and application process can be found in the attachment, as well as the links below:
Madanyu is a Cambridge University spin-off and an award winning social enterprise introducing Raspberry Pi computing for all subjects at the school level. We conduct local workshops at schools to build the capacity for teachers to improve the teaching quality and access to information for education purposes. In particular, we aim at providing access to computing resources as creative let-out for children. Madanyu offers Post-docs and graduate students the opportunity to travel abroad and work on education projects for positive and sustainable impact. It is beneficial but not expected to have a background in either business, education or IT; we encourage applications from any discipline.
Encontram-se abertas as inscrições para estágios de investigação na Microsoft Research Cambridge, Inglaterra.
São oferecidos estágios nas diversas áreas de informática e biologia computacional, nomeadamente machine learning, redes, sistemas, armazenamento, PL, compiladores, verificação, HCI, segurança, criptografia, etc.
Estes estágios dão aos alunos a oportunidade de tomar contacto com um laboratório de investigação de elevado prestígio e com ligações estreitas à indústria. Estágios bem sucedidos resultam por vezes num artigo científico e/ou em impacto num produto da Microsoft, além de toda a experiência acumulada durante o estágio.
O estágios são remunerados e têm a duração de 12 semanas, no caso de alunos de mestrado e doutoramento, e de 8 semanas para alunos de licenciatura. Domínio de inglês falado e escrito obrigatório.
As candidaturas estão abertas até 31 de Outubro de 2016, mas aconselha-se a candidatura na primeira fase (15 de Janeiro).
Mais informações: http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/jobs/intern/about_uk.aspx
Os membros do PARSUK devem contactar directamente o Nuno Lopes (email@example.com) além de submeterem a candidatura on-line.
Publicising medical research funding opportunities from BIAL:
Meeting its mission to support medical research, the BIAL Foundation has just opened application to the 16th edition of BIAL Award.
This award establishes two prizes:
- BIAL Merit Award in Medical Sciences (€ 200 000) – designed to distinguish intellectual work written specifically for this purpose on any freely chosen medical topic. Only research of high quality and scientific relevance will be considered.
- BIAL Award in Clinical Medicine (€ 100 000) – designed to distinguish intellectual work written specifically for this purpose on any freely chosen medical topic involving clinical practice. Only work of high quality and relevance will be considered. At least one of the authors must be a native physician of a Portuguese-speaking country.
The deadline for submitting your application is August 31st, 2014. More information on how to apply and all the T&Cs in www.fundacaobial.com .
Biomedical Scientist Multi Disciplinary
Somerset (Taunton and Yeovil), United Kingdom
37.5 hrs p/w, roster shifts covering 24/7
- Salary £25,783.00 pa plus relocation support
- Flexible working patterns (including shift work and enhancements).
- Continued training in your specialist area with the possibility of acquiring multi-disciplinary skills.
- Opportunities for career progression.
- HCPC State Registration as a Biomedical Scientist in Blood Sciences (Chemistry / Haematology / Blood Transfusion). Temporary HCPC registration is acceptable.
- BSc (Hons) Biomedical degree of equivalent.
- Participation in CPD activities.
- IBMS Specialist Portfolio (or equivalent) in Blood Sciences subject.
- Greater than 2 years post registration experience of working in a Biomedical laboratory at post graduate level ideally with cross disciplinary experience including cross matching and issue of Blood and Blood Products.
- Experience of IT applications including LIMS systems, Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Statistical packages.
- Advanced working knowledge of Blood sciences automated techniques and practices including Biochemistry/Haematology/ Coagulation /Immunology and Blood Transfusion analytical platforms.
- Competency to perform testing and validate results for Blood Sciences disciplines and in Blood transfusion duties to defined protocols.
The Biomedical Scientist position is open to an experienced, preferably multi-disciplinary trained, Scientist for the delivery of a fit-for-purpose service analysing and reporting on blood science materials in order to provide efficient and effective patient care in a team environment. Your roles and responsibilities will include:
- Performing routine and specialist Biomedical investigations to provide patients with the highest level of diagnosis and treatment within agreed quality standards of service delivery and turnaround times under the supervision of senior grade BMS grade staff.
- Being able to rotate through all areas of Chemistry / Haematology / Blood Transfusion as required.
- Providing professional leadership to Basic Grade, Trainee BMS, Associate Practitioners and Medical Laboratory Assistants.
- Participating in the out of hours rota after a period of training and preceptorship to provide a routine 24/7 service for Chemistry / Haematology including Blood Transfusion subject to service needs.
- Providing specialist technical advice to clinicians as to the appropriateness of tests and timescales.
Integrated Pathology Partnerships is dedicated to enabling UK healthcare organisations strengthen the quality, delivery and cost-effectiveness of pathology services and has made a significant investment in new laboratories and state of the art technology to provide an exemplar service in the South West. The hub laboratory is set to deliver non-urgent, routine testing to a population of over 500,000. It will form the centrepiece to the existing SPS network of laboratories that also deliver on-site, urgent testing for patients treated at the hospitals in Taunton and Yeovil. For details on the Somerset laboratory,
You must be eligible to work in the UK.